I hope everyone had a great first week of school!
Here are your weekly announcements:
Monday Practice will be held at the Top Floor of the Hutchison Parking Structure from 6-8PM on January 13th.
Thursday Practice will be held in Giedt 1003 from 7:30-10PM on January 16th.
Friday Office Hours will not be held this week.
- Thursday practices will only be 7:30-10PM one more time after this week’s practice! They will regularly be from 7-9:30 in Giedt 1002.
- It’s going to be a little chilly for Monday Practice, so dress warmly!
- DDR Tryouts are going to be held January 15th at 9PM in the Pavilion. Start practicing, guys!
- Thanks for everyone who came out to the Snow Trip! I hope you guys had just as much fun as I did.
- Thanks for everyone who participated in the Secret Santa!
- For those who were unable to attend this past Friday, we will be handing out your presents this Thursday after practice.
- Thank you to everyone for the great food at the potluck!
- More events found in the Facebook Event!
- Our next social event will be ice skating some time in Early February. Stay tuned for more details!
- We’re also hosting another Fancy Pants event this year!
- We all come out dressing up nice and will probably be karaoke’ing! Get your fancy clothes ready in anticipation for that event!
- Everyone on the equipment committee, keep an eye out for a bench making workshop held by our equipment manager!
- GTLDA is designing a club t-shirt! We’re still accepting designs for the t-shirt if you guys want to help out.
- Designs must be appropriate, be related to lion dance, and have GTLDA on it.
- Designs can be submitted to email@example.com.
- The due date for this is now Friday January 17th 11:59PM, so submit your design soon!
- We are holding a Pho King fundraiser some time soon!
- Details will be announced some time this week on Facebook.
- GTLDA has a performance coming up for Roseville Senior Living on January 30 from 5:30-7:30PM.
- If you’re interested and available for this performance to tame, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It does run into practice time, but you’ll be getting valuable performance experience!
- You also have to be a paid member in order to tame or perform in general.
- We also have another performance in the UC Davis Griffin Lounge on January 31st from 11AM-1PM.
- If you’re also interested in performing for this show, email email@example.com.
- There are store blessings coming up on February 1st!
- This is great experience for people who haven’t done a normal performance yet.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- If you want to learn how to fix lions and other equipment, contact our Equipment Manager (George Feng) at email@example.com.
- If you want to join the Publications Committee, contact our Publications Chair (Brenda Bui) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to pitch fundraising ideas and help organize fundraisers, contact our Fundraising Chair (Melissa Chen) at email@example.com.
- If you want to help design and plan events, contact our Events Chair (Chris Cong) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can’t wait to see you all at practice, cold or cozily warm!
‘Til next week,
– Daniel Nguyen